Saturday, August 7, 2021

Why I Had Dental Implant Surgery

Had dental implant surgery? You know, the feeling you get right after something very bad has happened to one's body. Like a toothache gone all out of proportions. It's a terrible ache and can sometimes feel like you're not going to be able to move anymore. Sometimes when people say dental practice, it almost sounds like they're just practicing, does it not? Did your dentist just look at your tooth implant locations and do nothing to try to fix the problem?

I had dental implants done a while back. In fact, my gums look worse now then they did before the procedure. Like the rest of my face, they've been swollen for quite some time and have a jagged edge to them that makes me itch all the time. My gums are still very sensitive to touch, and whenever I bite into something sweet, I get a painful throbbing feeling from my inner cheek.

I went to my dentist for a temporary crown because I was really freaked out by the whole thing. Before the crown came on my teeth, my gums were very inflamed and infected. I also had a really bad case of gum infections due to the fact that the original abscess I had wasn't fully treated and I ended up having a recurring case of abscess. That's why I wanted a temporary crown so that I could get my gums fixed up, and the infection went away. I thought that if I kept getting temporary crowns, I would never have to deal with the pain and discomfort that a regular tooth implant would cause.

When my dentist gave me the temporary crown, I was excited because it meant that the pain would go away for a while. It didn't take long for the pain to come back, though, so I made the decision to have dental implant surgery. I figured that if the pain went away permanently, I wouldn't have to deal with it. I was wrong.

After dental implants, I still have some pain in my jaw area. The reason I think this is so, is because I have bone grafts to replace the bone that was removed in my dental implant surgery. Since the doctor chose to use bone grafts, I'm going to have a row of those in my mouth for the next few years. This has caused me to be in pain more often than before, but it's all worth it to me because I'm replacing lost bone and making myself healthy and whole again.

If you go through dental implant surgery, you will likely be in some discomfort after the procedure is done. It's normal to feel a little bit of pain after the procedure is finished, but don't let it take over your life. Just remember what went on during your dental surgery, and how your body is reacting to it. It will help you through the recovery process and keep you from feeling sorry for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entering A Rewarding New Career As A Kuras Dental Assistant

Dental care in the Heart is a non-profit organization based in Florida, which invites dentist offices around the nation to volunteer to offe...